A lot of websites have ads. The reason why is because it’s a great money maker. In this blog we will be discussing how to make money using your website. Websites tend to use the following avenues Google Adsense, Youtube, Facebook or Twitter. We will be explaining how websites make money and which websites have the most ads in this blog.
- You can use Google AdSense, which lets you insert various pieces of media.
- You could let people advertise via Pay Per Click on your website;
- You could take part in an affiliate program;
- You can link to products and websites with a mutual agreement with.
In any case, there is a lot of money that you can make from advertising. Plenty of big names out there have lots of ads for you to click on, too. Too many ads could result in a poor user experience, so it’s as well to look out for that particular balance.
In this brief guide, we’ll look at which sites have the most ads. Which are making the most money, and what you could learn from them moving forward.
Which Websites Generates Most Ad Revenue?
The Million Dollar Homepage, which is one page made up of a million pixels. Companies and advertisers can pay $1 per pixel to link people to their sites. The site owner, Alex Tew, has been hosting thousands of ads here since 2005.
This, yet, is web advertising at its logical extreme. To be able to measure which sites get the most ad clicks and revenue, we are going to have to probe a little deeper. A recent debate that social media drives more ad revenue these days than any run of the mill websites. We will cover that a little further down.
Which websites generate most ad revenue for their owners? The sites which have the most relevant ads for their visitors. Those who are already getting millions of hits. Visitor traffic is, going to increase your ad revenue. This is because you can’t expect every visitor to click through! It’s a game of probability. The more people that visit you, the more people are likely to click ad links. Simple!
Types of Websites Which Generate The Most Money
Let’s look at websites that generate the most money from Google Adsense. To be able to stand a chance of making a small, passive fortune, you should at least know where the commercial cash is. There are no specific topics or audiences, it seems, who are likely to click more than any other. You need to engage with the right people, and to present your ads in the right way.
We use Google AdSense as a marker. Here are some types of website which are most likely to oversee regular ad income.
One-page tools will generate a huge amount of money when combined with Google AdSense. Tools that let you convert data, let you translate pieces of text, or even let you edit photos online.
These can be fantastic for inserting profitable ads as they are very simple to run. Advertising here is neither in-your-face nor difficult to find. You could use a simple header, footer or sidebar to install AdSense media which is relevant to your site. If your audience is likely to stay fixed on one page, it makes sense to bring the advertising to them.
Curated content applies to blogs and websites which offer helpful tips and guides. Google ads revenue is likely to be high through these types of site as authors of blog pieces. You can tie in certain products and deals in with their specific topics.
For example, a website offering tips on how to clean your home might generate revenue from cleaning products. Links to Amazon, for example, which are relevant to these guides, may generate serious cash.
Sites which driven by user content, such as those based around forums, are also likely to see plenty of ad revenue heading their way. Advertising can be added within forums, and on sidebars, so that they don’t intrude on conversations or interrupt browsing.
What’s more, again, they can be tailored to be relevant to the discussion. AdSense media is flexible. This means anyone discussing topics or ideas may have the intent on buying relevant items. This could apply to hobby forums or advice columns.
By this, we mean sites which offer software to download. Something as simple as a wallpaper download site, or a catalogue full of free software, could host popular adverts. Google AdSense media could target the specific need for these particular tools and downloads, and thus, you may be more likely to get a click or two.
Download sites can introduce advertisements while visitors wait for software to finish downloading. Or, you could introduce a limit to downloads per adverts read or watched. It’s a great little model, and it offers plenty of mutual benefits.
Do More Ads Mean More Money?
Not always. The more ads you place, the more likely you’re going to get a return. But, do remember that modern web design is all about the user experience. Mobile web design has evolved in the past few years. Thus, web developers are focused on making sites which are quick to load, convenient to use, and which are free from frustration.
Many people find intrusive ads to be frustrating. The key is not to overload your site with advertising, rather, to use it and . Introduce products within your content in an organic way. Insert media or banners . Web searchers have gotten wise to ad-spamming, which means the sites with the most ads aren’t always going to have the highest revenue.
Effective web advertising is all about targeting your audience in ways they find appealing. Part of Google’s mission to make search more appealing to people is to penalise sites which cram in ads. It’s also to make sure that they only ever highlight sites with relevant, useful content. Social media, for the most part, has got the balance right. You’ll only ever see ads based on your browsing behaviours, and most of the time, they will not be intrusive.
Google ads for websiteGoogle ads can make your website a lot of money especially if you a load of organic traffic currently going to your website. Make sure you checkout the guide here on how to setup google adsense on your website.
Lead generation adsYou can also advertise other peoples services on your website so for example if your website is about gardening you can advertise your local gardener in your area on your website and from that you can can earn money. This method is known as lead generation advertising.
Social Media and Advertising
Social media is continuing to take huge bites out of online advertising. This is partly thanks to the rise of mobile use, not so much as a result of the number of ads being made available. Facebook users, for example, will have seen a steady rise in the number of ads popping up on their home page over the years. These ads are designed to be relevant, and to occur once every four or five items.
Statistics show that, in 2016, social media advertising revenue rose by 49% in twelve months. Brands accrued over $16.3 billion through social ads that period, which goes to show where the big money is. Video, too, is accounting for a lot of ad revenue.
Thus, if we are going to point the finger at any sites or services likely to be making the most money from ads, we should be focusing on Facebook and YouTube. But, these are two giants on the web – where do everyday sites fit in? And what’s the best strategy for you moving forward?
Sites Which Make Money from Online Ads
So, let’s recap. The sites which make money from online ads are:
- Those who use relevant ads ;
- Those who use a variety of media, such as video;
- Those who can tie ads in with their specific content;
- Those which add genuine value to their visitors’ experiences.
We can’t all be Facebook or YouTube. We can, be smart about online advertising. There are plenty of websites which have tons of adverts for you to click on. But are they making the most money? There is no guarantee.
Most ads on a websiteThe most ads on a website are on The Million Dollar Homepage, They currently have over 100+ ads on a single page.
2019 UPDATED List of websites with ads
1. EbayeBay is an extremely popular multinational business to business sales service via the internet. eBay now operates in over 35 countries as of 2019! eBay is good for advertising goods and you can also list services that your provide as a business on eBay too.
- eBay has an app so you can look at ads straight on your smart-phone
- eBay has a good customer service team so if you ever get a faulty item you are able to get help
- eBay tends to sometimes have cheaper deals than other websites
- In some cases posting can take long
- You always run the risk of buying fake or faulty products. If this does happen to you get in touch with the eBay customer service team immediately
2. CraigslistCraiglist is a popular international ad website (it is particularly big in North America). Craigslist has various sections in which you can advertise from. You can advertise jobs, housing, services, events & gigs.
- Craigslist is heavily used in America & Canada
- You will be able to find most things on Craigslist – From used phones to cars & homes for sell
- Craigslist isn’t as popular in other countries like the United Kingdom
- The user-interface hasn’t been up-dated in a long time, so it sometimes makes navigating around the website hard
3. GumtreeGumtree is a free ad website it’s available in various countries however it is most popular in the United Kingdom. Gumtree is most famous for car adverts, flats, homes and various services. You are also able to apply for jobs on Gumtree. Gumtree has had over 10 million adverts posted on there website since they have started up.
- Adveristing on gumtree is super easy and you can get your advert up very quickly
- The user-experience is super friendly and easy to use
- Can be expensive the advertise on the homepage (starts from £35 depending on where you are located)
- Various Categories to advertise in
- Free advertising
- The user-experience can be a little tricky to get round
- Website can be a little slow at times